Stay up to date…
VMware End-User Computing Blog Bringing you the latest VMware EUC news, trends and product innovations.
- Microsoft Teams Optimization Is Now Available for VMware Horizon Client on Linux Endpointsby Neena Razdan on July 21, 2021 at 6:55 pm
“This article, Microsoft Teams Optimization Is Now Available for VMware Horizon Client on Linux Endpoints, was originally published at the VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone Blog.” With the VMware Horizon 2106 release, we are excited to announce the general availability of the Media […]
- Horizon Cloud Connector Know-How Series: Monitoring Horizon Cloud Connector with SNMPby Shilpi Mitra on July 21, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Many Horizon administrators have been asking for a way to monitor Cloud Connector health status using industry standards. Today, I am excited to announce that Horizon Cloud Connector 2.0 adds support for SNMP! With this release, Horizon Cloud Connector acts as a service-based agent that sends […]
- Tech Zone Podcast – A deep dive on enterprise news at Apple WWDC 2021by EUC Editorial Team on July 13, 2021 at 6:15 pm
Just a few weeks ago, we wrote an overview of all the enterprise updates from the 2021 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. Today, we want to share an episode of the VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone Podcast for a deeper, live discussion of the news with Naveen Pitchandi, Christopher Burns, […]
- How Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub made my intern onboarding quick and easyby Marie Uhlig on July 8, 2021 at 12:03 pm
In May, I proudly joined VMware’s end-user computing team as a summer MBA intern. Most of the team is in California, while I’m located in North Carolina. Since the pandemic started in 2019, many major changes in everyone’s life took place, and remote first became the strategic organizational […]
- The VMware OS Optimization Tool Is Growing Upby Graeme Gordon on July 6, 2021 at 12:05 pm
This article, The VMware OS Optimization Tool Is Growing Up, was originally posted at the VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone Blog. The VMware OS Optimization Tool is growing up and is on a journey to become part of the VMware Horizon product downloads. A brand-new version is now available and […]
- 6 Ways I Use Workspace ONE Boxer for a Leaner Workflowby Wendy Leung on July 2, 2021 at 1:13 pm
I’ve been learning all about our Workspace ONE productivity apps since joining the employee experience team. A couple of questions came through my mind: what is the most popular app and why should I use it? What is it about the app that makes it unique for me as an office worker who at times … […]
- Workspace ONE Intelligence Now Available for FedRAMP customersby Amit Sharma on July 1, 2021 at 12:02 pm
We are pleased to announce that Workspace ONE Intelligence is now included in VMware’s Workspace ONE FedRAMP Moderate Authorized Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), joining with Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM), Workspace ONE Access and Intelligent Hub Services. With the addition of […]
- Feedback from the field: 10 Awesome benefits of VMware Horizonby Gabe Knuth on June 30, 2021 at 12:03 pm
I spend a lot of time talking about why VMware Horizon is great, and why anyone struggling with outdated or legacy environments should take a look. We’ve actually covered a few of those topics recently, but today I wanted to take a different approach. Rather than writing about Horizon through the […]
- Five reasons why Horizon Apps should replace your legacy app publishing environmentby Gabe Knuth on June 25, 2021 at 12:05 pm
This post is co-authored by Gabe Knuth and Cris Lau. VMware has a long history with VDI, dating back to the very beginning of what has come to be a revolutionary force in end-user computing. That makes sense, since virtual machines is kind of our thing, but with such a strong VDI pedigree, it’s […]
- How to Remediate Vulnerable Software with Workspace ONE UEM and Flexera SVMby Darren Weatherly on June 22, 2021 at 12:42 am
This article, How to Remediate Vulnerable Software with Workspace ONE UEM and Flexera SVM, was originally posted at the VMware Digital Workspace Tech Zone Blog. Enterprises have a large fleet of software applications that they make available to their employees for productivity, security, or to […]
Adam Matthews Unified Endpoint Management // Technology
- WordPress – How to fix Jetpack connection errors, Fonts and Icons showing as squares with NGINXby adam on March 5, 2021 at 5:24 pm
I recently migrated https://blog.eucse.com/blog from running on Apache to Nginx. I found it helped a lot with utilization and speed (combined with a few more tweaks), but one thing I noticed after was Jetpack wouldn’t load correctly, and some fonts and icons were showing as squares. See examples of what I was seeing below: Resolution … Continue reading "WordPress – How to fix Jetpack connection errors, Fonts and Icons showing as squares with NGINX"
- How to correctly encode special characters for PHP cURL using Postmanby adam on January 19, 2021 at 3:12 pm
How to properly and correctly encode special characters for cURL requests for PHP using Postman.
- vfuse: How to solve “Error: VMware Fusion.app is not running”by adam on September 8, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Struggling with "Error: VMware Fusion.app is not running" in vfuse? You may have tech preview of Fusion installed or the Application path isnt being found. Heres how to fix it!
- Set all Horizon Client’s to Auto-Connect, or not without user involvementby adam on April 18, 2020 at 5:44 pm
How can we set all existing Horizon clients to not automatically connect to a desktop pool? In this article we cover how to achieve this using ADSI Edit and PowerShell. ** DISCLAIMER ** - This is not intended for use on a production platform
- Intel NUC from 32 to 64GB RAM!by adam on March 11, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Bringing a NUC7I7DNHE from 32GB to 64GB RAM!
Arsen Bandurian: Technical Blog Digital Workspace, End User Computing, Enterprise Mobility, AutoID, WLANs, OSes and other technical stuff I happen to work with
- Viewing the encrypted Apple profiles in Workspace ONE UEM consoleby apcsb on May 18, 2021 at 7:30 am
Apple has an option to encrypt the MDM profile payloads (both iOS and macOS). But then when you try to view the profile XML in the console (ex. migrating payloads between UAT and Production environments, working with custom profiles) – they are encrypted! Turns out, there is a way to view the XML w/o having... Continue Reading →
- Integrating Workspace ONE reporting with PowerBIby apcsb on April 12, 2021 at 7:30 am
Last week one of my customers asked if Workspace ONE data could be used in PowerBI. Since Workspace ONE Intelligence Reports are included in every WS1 edition and are accessible via API – this is the easiest way to expose data to external systems. But how exactly? Even though I’ve never used PowerBI before, after... Continue Reading →
- Adding FIDO2 + Windows Hello fingerprint auth to Workspace ONEby apcsb on March 16, 2021 at 7:30 am
This will be a short “recipe” type of post on how to showcase a new feature that was introduced in latest Workspace ONE Access SaaS release (sorry, no news for on prem now): FIDO2 auth. The video shows Yubikey, which I don’t have, so I will be using Windows Hello (which in turn will use... Continue Reading →
- App version management in Android Enterprise – Managed Play Closed Tracks and their nuancesby apcsb on March 1, 2021 at 7:30 am
If you think my titles are wordy, check the official title of good old Robinson Crusoe! Anyway, today we will look at two important things: Using Managed Google Play feature called Closed Tracks to control app versions and update cycles in two scenarios: Multiple “deployment rings” for different device groups Developer having customers with different... Continue Reading →
- Enroll a Fully Managed non-GMS Android device using ADBby apcsb on January 26, 2021 at 7:30 am
When dealing with non-GMS Android devices (specialized rugged devices, devices in China) one big challenge is actually enrolling them, since the code that enrolls a Fully Managed device is not part of AOSP. As I mentioned in my post about China, only a few vendors took care of this. In this post we you will... Continue Reading →
- On building Android devicesby Jason Bayton on December 26, 2020 at 6:21 pm
As 2020 comes to a long-overdue close and we head into what anyone can hope will be a slightly less chaotic new year, it also edges closer to what will soon be two years leading product with Social Mobile. With the results of all the hard work now materialising, I think it’s interesting to reflect on the last >18 months, what it’s lead to, and what’s next. Note: The following is a personal take on a work-related topic. For normal Android Enterprise content, please head here. The leadup I’ve spent many years on the consumer end of Android, from devices ... read more.
- Google announce big changes to zero-touchby Jason Bayton on November 10, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Google today dropped the most significant update to zero-touch since its introduction with the Google Pixel back in 2016! Rolling out over the next several months, all GMS certified Android devices – new and existing – running 9.0 or above will support zero-touch by default, with no additional OEM effort required. Why does this matter? Zero-touch, Google’s equivalent of Apple’s Device Enrolment, Samsung’s Knox Mobile Enrolment, and Microsoft’s Autopilot, allows for the assignment of a device to a customer-defined EMM platform before it’s even taken out of the box. It means I as a customer can purchase devices from a ... read more.
- VMware announces end of support for Device Adminby Jason Bayton on October 1, 2020 at 3:23 pm
This week, VMware announced their intention to end support for Device Admin based Android management. A topic I’ve covered in depth since Google’s announcement way back at the end of 2017, this has been a long time coming (so long), and trends with the wider ecosystem adoption of Android Enterprise over the last few years as Device Admin functionality has slowly but surely eroded away with each major Android release. 3 years on from that announcement it’s clear however DA isn’t going away as rapidly as some would hope; whether that’s due to slow device refresh cycles (some industries take ... read more.
- Google launch the Android Enterprise Help Communityby Jason Bayton on July 16, 2020 at 11:11 pm
Today Google announced the public availability of the Android Enterprise Help Community, a community resource tied to the Android Enterprise Help Center. Driven primarily by community experts (Google Product Experts), the Help Community offers the wider ecosystem of partners and customers a place to discuss all things Android Enterprise, whether EMM issues, device questions, zero-touch queries, deployment or in-life support concerns, best practices, tips or really anything else. As long as it’s AE, it’s fair game. The community has been up and running for a little bit, and a few customers have stumbled upon it no doubt while perusing the ... read more.
- Watch: An Android Enterprise discussion with Hypergateby Jason Bayton on July 16, 2020 at 9:45 pm
In planning since before MWC was cancelled, myself and Alessandro of Hypergate finally got to sit down and chat a bit about Android, enterprise mobility and the current situation. If the above doesn’t display, here’s the direct link. Don’t want to see our faces? Catch it on soundcloud instead! It was a pleasure to be Hypergate’s first guest on their new Mobile Security Talk series. Until next time!
The Bearded Wonder From Down Under All things VMware Workspace ONE, Identity and everything in between.
- Introducing Rollcall - Azure Active Directory to Workspace ONE Access SCIM Proxyby The Bearded Wonder From Down Under on November 19, 2020 at 3:57 am
I don't even know where to start here! This project has been one of the most frustrating but […]
- The Elusive Cloud Based Windows Deploymentby The Bearded Wonder From Down Under on April 28, 2020 at 6:51 am
It's a bit like Bigfoot. Some have said they've seen it, and can suggest how it might work. Some […]
- Imaging Windows 10 Devices for Workspace ONE - Part 2: Creating, Capturing and Deploying a Reference Imageby The Bearded Wonder From Down Under on April 27, 2020 at 6:41 am
Now that you have a WDS environment that can complete some basic task sequences and deploy images, […]
- Imaging Windows 10 Devices for Workspace ONE - Part 1: Installing Windows Deployment Servicesby The Bearded Wonder From Down Under on April 25, 2020 at 3:02 am
Full disclose straight up - this is a long one. I often get asked that once we remove SCCM from a […]
- So I wrote my first Appby The Bearded Wonder From Down Under on April 15, 2020 at 6:30 am
And it was exhausting! I've never really been interested in coding, but with being in front a […]
Brooks Peppin's Blog Managing Windows 10 in the Modern Workplace
- How to Use REST API in Workspace ONE UEM (with PowerShell)by Brooks Peppin on July 24, 2021 at 2:42 am
Workspace ONE UEM has a rich set of APIs that can be used for all sorts of useful things. They are based on the REST API (or RESTful API) standard. This is one of the most common standards used by applications or microservices to communicate with one another. You can use these APIs in Workspace
- How to Add PowerShell Active Directory Module to WinPE (MDT)by Brooks Peppin on July 10, 2021 at 12:44 am
Do you need to query Active Directory during an MDT task sequence? Maybe it’s for checking the computer name to see if it already exists or maybe it’s to query OU information. I worked with a client recently that had this exact use case. In order to do this, we need to add the PowerShell
- Identify Windows Upgrade Failures Like a Boss (How to use SetupDiag.exe)by Brooks Peppin on July 7, 2021 at 1:54 pm
Have you run into cryptic Windows 10 feature upgrade errors? You know, the ones that aren't helpful at all? In this blog, I'll show how to use SetupDiag.exe for in-depth analysis of Windows upgrade failures.
- Control the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Upgrade Process (Windows 10)by Brooks Peppin on June 30, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Have you wondered how to control the Workspace ONE hub upgrade process so that it rolls out in a manner that you decide? Well, you’re not alone. Many customers I talk to want to manage the rollout of the new version of the Hub in their environment in order to mitigate problems that may arise.
- How to setup Pre-Logon VPN with VMware Tunnelby Brooks Peppin on May 24, 2021 at 3:18 pm
In part 1, I walked through how to setup Offline Domain Join with Workspace ONE but that only covered the “computer” join process. What about logging in for the first time off the network? Well that requires VMware Tunnel and a Unified Access Gateway (UAG). Learn how to setup a UAG and configure pre-logon VPN
Many Miles Away IT guy from Down Under
- Setting up Single Sign-On (SSO) to Workspace ONE UEM Self Service Portal (SSP) and Admin Consoleby Darryl Miles on June 13, 2021 at 11:34 am
Workspace ONE Access is an integral part of the Workspace ONE platform and supports Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub, Workspace ONE … More
- Setting up iPad’s for Field Workers using Workspace ONEby Darryl Miles on June 12, 2021 at 5:03 am
Many organisations need to deploy iPhone or iPad devices to their field workers, so they can perform their job whilst … More
- Getting Started with Horizon Cloud on Azureby Darryl Miles on April 6, 2021 at 5:35 am
The VMware Horizon Cloud Service delivers feature-rich virtual desktops and applications using a purpose-built cloud platform that is scalable across … More
- Getting Started with Horizon 8by Darryl Miles on October 14, 2020 at 6:02 am
VMware Horizon is a modern platform for secure delivery of virtual desktops and apps across the hybrid cloud. You can … More
- Disable Windows Hello with Autopilot using Workspace ONE UEMby Darryl Miles on October 6, 2020 at 1:48 am
Workspace ONE UEM fully supports Microsoft Autopilot. For those who are not aware, Windows Autopilot provides setup and preconfiguration services … More
My Blog Camille Debay
- Add vRealize Operation Manager in the WS1 App Catalogby Camille Debay on September 14, 2020 at 7:47 pm
When you integrate vRealize with WS1 Access, users are going to be authenticated using the OAuth method. the problem is… The post Add vRealize Operation Manager in the WS1 App Catalog appeared first on My Blog.
- Windows 10 Join Method Overviewby Camille Debay on August 12, 2020 at 6:40 pm
In the past on Windows, you had 2 options: Domain join or Workgroup.Windows 10 add more options which can be… The post Windows 10 Join Method Overview appeared first on My Blog.
- Workspace ONE UEM – PowerShell Profileby Camille Debay on November 20, 2019 at 11:48 am
We can do a lot of things in Workspace ONE UEM especially when it comes to custom profile. We can… The post Workspace ONE UEM – PowerShell Profile appeared first on My Blog.
- WNF and Task Schedulerby Camille Debay on November 11, 2019 at 10:00 am
As I was investing another subject, I came across a scheduled task with a custom trigger and when I looked… The post WNF and Task Scheduler appeared first on My Blog.
- PowerShell – UTF8 and BOMby Camille Debay on October 3, 2019 at 11:55 am
When you save something as UTF-8 in PowerShell, it, most likely, will be as UTF-8 with BOM. This can be… The post PowerShell – UTF8 and BOM appeared first on My Blog.
Sam Akroyd Thoughts on Tech
- M365 – what to look out forby Sam Akroyd on July 22, 2021 at 10:18 am
I see many customers looking to move their entire document and communication to Microsoft 365, and although its a wonderful platform with a list of benefits as long as the eye can see. There are some things to look out for. Hopefully in a few months / years I’ll be able to look at this
- Moving from Customer to Vendorby Sam Akroyd on July 2, 2021 at 12:27 pm
It’s 2021, my 15 year anniversary in operational IT. I decide to make a bold move – a complete change career wise. I step away from the customer world, away from the day-to-day severity one calls, away from leading a team, and away from pretty much everything I’ve learnt – or have I? So, if
- VMware have changed their licensing model – why should you care?by Sam Akroyd on May 19, 2021 at 3:10 pm
For as long as I can remember vSphere was what VMware was famous for. Just a mention of virtualisation and everyone mentioned ESX, ESXi or VMware’s name. Obviously times have moved on, competition has increased and VMware’s portfolio has diverisified somewhat so it looks like the commercial team decided now was a time to modernise
- Lifting and shifting documents to Microsoft 365? What’s the best approach?by Sam Akroyd on May 11, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Its the most popular cloud collaboration platform worldwide and most businesses are heavy users of the Microsoft stack. Whether that be Office 365, the collaboration suite, or M365 the end-to-end stack including security tools, etc we’re all familiar. But talking to ex-colleagues, and other IT folk, people use it for Teams, Outlook and the office
- So he’s disrupted the car industry, is Elon about to do the same with Internet Access?by Sam Akroyd on April 23, 2021 at 11:19 am
Starlink is fast becoming a frequently mentioned term, and rightly so. SpaceX, Elon Musk’s space exploratory arm has a side hustle launching little satellites all over the world in order to provide Internet access to those on the ground. Is this just another of Elon’s crazy ideas, or is this a practical option going forward?
- VMware Horizon 2106by techhub981158167 on July 21, 2021 at 12:32 pm
I started to type out a post about the latest release of Horizon, 2106. As I got part the way through I felt as though I was replicating some of the goodness already included in the release notes so I thought it would be better\easier just to post a link to those. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2106/rn/horizon-2106-release-notes.html I would … Continue reading VMware Horizon 2106 →
- VMware EUC Beta Programby techhub981158167 on July 21, 2021 at 11:13 am
The End User Computing landscape is such a fast moving area and couple that with many services being delivered by a SaaS platform the release cadence can be a little more rapid than we may be used to. Clearly many companies, such as VMware, do offer Long Term Service Branch (LTSB) releases so if you … Continue reading VMware EUC Beta Program →
- Moto G100 and VMware Horizonby techhub981158167 on May 21, 2021 at 12:39 pm
The G100 is an Android phone and I have been helping Joe Cleary at Lenovo get access to a demo environment to showcase the device. Joe has kindly created a video that shows him docking the G100 and then accessing a cloud hosted Windows 10 desktop running on VMware Horizon. The next phase is to … Continue reading Moto G100 and VMware Horizon →
- Desktop Repurposing Project v3by techhub981158167 on May 7, 2021 at 9:54 am
Over the last three years @dazhirons (Twitter handle) and I have reviewed various Desktop Repurposing solutions, which has included Neverware, Igel, 10Zig, Atrust, Praim, Unicon, ThinScale, Dell, VXL and Stratodesk. Due to COVID restrictions we were unable to get hold of the same hardware required to give us an exact comparison and record the videos … Continue reading Desktop Repurposing Project v3 →
- VMware Horizon POD running on a Raspberry Piby techhub981158167 on March 8, 2021 at 3:07 pm
My question was simple, could I build a VMware Horizon POD on a Raspberry Pi? Spoiler alert, yes and no, I’ll go through the detail and show you what I was and wasn’t able to due to current limitations. Step 1 – HardwareI purchased a Raspberry Pi starters kit from The Pi Hut with a … Continue reading VMware Horizon POD running on a Raspberry Pi →
Thomas Cheng Welcome to my digital home!
- Updating Certificates for Workspace ONE UEM Servicesby techiecheng on June 16, 2021 at 2:00 pm
08/17/20: Post updated with latest links on APNs certificate renewal. I subscribed to the knowledge base articles within the VMware Workspace ONE customer portal, and the one below flew into my inbox a few weeks ago. Updating Certificates for Workspace ONE UEM Services (last modified on 08/19/19) Hopefully, you or someone at your team take
- ‘Your request to install failed!’ when installing managed Google app on Android Enterprise...by techiecheng on May 5, 2021 at 3:00 pm
We recently published an app to our app catalog for Android users. For some reason, however, our Android Enterprise users encountered the error below after initiating the install. ‘Your request to install failed! Please refresh, retry then contact your IT Administrator if this problem persists.‘ To resolve, start by logging onto Managed Google Play. I
- Dual SIM setup on iPhone XS and aboveby techiecheng on April 14, 2021 at 4:00 pm
In various TV shows and movies, oftentimes criminals are seen swapping out SIM cards on burner phones to keep themselves and their activities under the radar. Kevin Mitnick, a famous hacker and the author of The Art of Invisibility, mentioned such activity may be a dozen times in his career. Third-party apps are also commonly
- Integrate Slack with VMware Workspace ONE UEMby techiecheng on March 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm
To be honest, I don’t know much about Slack other than the fact that most mobile professionals are on the workspace Mobile Pros instead of LinkedIn or the VMware Technology Network for Workspace ONE. Meanwhile, I’ve been using Microsoft Teams on a daily basis and even more so when working from home to collaborate with
- Steps to verify existing domain in Apple Business Manager (ABM)by techiecheng on March 16, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Background Updated on 05/10/2021 to include additional link from Apple on this new requirement. Background Back in early February of this year, we received the email below from Apple concerning our Apple Business Manager (ABM) account. In March 2020, Apple made it a requirement for organizations to verify a new domain before using it with
VirtuallyUnboxed Lifting the lid on everything virtual
- Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access Integration for Hub Servicesby virtuallyunboxed on March 2, 2021 at 4:06 pm
I know there are a lot of SaaS customers out there who have only been using basic MDM functionality within Workspace ONE. The platform has moved on a lot in the last few years and if you haven't already seen it i strongly suggest you check out hub services. This takes the Workspace ONE agent that is used for device management and adds additional functionality to the application such as a unified app catalogue, people search and a notifications platform to name but a few!
- Workspace ONE Access FIDO2 integrationby virtuallyunboxed on February 19, 2021 at 2:33 pm
As of this month (Feb 2021) All Workspace ONE Access SaaS tenants, now supports FIDO2 as an authentication method. So, I thought i'd put together a short video showing how easy it is to configure it and some different device types using the solution.
- Workspace ONE UEM – Windows 10 enrolmentby virtuallyunboxed on August 12, 2020 at 1:35 pm
If you're an existing Workspace ONE UEM administrator, you'll know there are lots of ways to enrol a variety of devices. Whether you're a seasoned admin or a newbie though, you might not be aware of some of the Windows 10 enrolment methods.
- Desktop Repurposing v2.0by virtuallyunboxed on May 26, 2020 at 1:18 pm
A year ago myself and my colleague Matt Evans tested desktop re-purposing tools from 10 different vendors. One year on we run through the latest versions of the software and report our updated findings
- Looking for a quick to deploy remote access solution?by virtuallyunboxed on March 10, 2020 at 8:32 pm
We’re seeing an increase in news articles and customer requests around enabling staff to work from home. Due to the current global situation, many organisations are quickly looking to enable remote working to ensure their employees safety and keep them productive at the same time. This is especially true in certain organisations which provide key public services.
- Teasing the Top EUC Session at VMworld 2021: Magic Links Made Easyby mobilejon on July 19, 2021 at 11:04 am
Recently, we learned that Mobile Jon, like a phoenix out of the ashes is returning to VMworld 2021 with a session coined: VDI Nerdfest 2021: Demos That Make Admins Drool. … Teasing the Top EUC Session at VMworld 2021: Magic Links Made Easy Read More » The post Teasing the Top EUC Session at VMworld 2021: Magic Links Made Easy appeared first on Mobile Jon's Blog.
- A Deep Dive into Windows 10 Sensors in Workspace ONE UEMby mobilejon on July 12, 2021 at 11:00 am
The world of Windows 10 and Modern Management in Workspace ONE UEM can be a daunting one. I’ve done some decent writing around Windows 10 like my article on Lessons … A Deep Dive into Windows 10 Sensors in Workspace ONE UEM Read More » The post A Deep Dive into Windows 10 Sensors in Workspace ONE UEM appeared first on Mobile Jon's Blog.
- Elevating Your Monitoring Strategy for the Unified Access Gateway with Edge Services Observabilityby mobilejon on July 6, 2021 at 11:56 am
Over the last year or so, I have written a ton about the Unified Access Gateway (UAG). The importance of the UAG as grown so much for Workspace ONE and … Elevating Your Monitoring Strategy for the Unified Access Gateway with Edge Services Observability Read More » The post Elevating Your Monitoring Strategy for the Unified Access Gateway with Edge Services Observability appeared first on Mobile Jon's Blog.
- Workspace ONE Hub MFA: Delivering Seamless MFA into the UEM Ecosystemby mobilejon on June 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm
For those who have been using VMware Identity Manager for quite some time, we are familiar with VMware Verify, which was built on the Twilio/Authy API to deliver MFA. We … Workspace ONE Hub MFA: Delivering Seamless MFA into the UEM Ecosystem Read More » The post Workspace ONE Hub MFA: Delivering Seamless MFA into the UEM Ecosystem appeared first on Mobile Jon's Blog.
- Evaluating Endpoint Manager vs. Workspace ONE UEM: 2021 Editionby mobilejon on June 21, 2021 at 3:32 am
Well folks, it has been a year since my immensely popular Intune vs. Workspace ONE UEM comparison from 2020. Roughly 7K hits later, we arrive in 2021 where we will … Evaluating Endpoint Manager vs. Workspace ONE UEM: 2021 Edition Read More » The post Evaluating Endpoint Manager vs. Workspace ONE UEM: 2021 Edition appeared first on Mobile Jon's Blog.
- Weekly Digest for End User Computingby Josue Fontanez on July 23, 2021 at 11:00 am
Do you ever get tired of searching for relevant content that is spread out all over the place? Have you ever thought, "Why isn't everything I need in one place somewhere?" Now it is. This weekly blog posts a curated list of technical articles from far and wide, including technical articles, knowledge base topics, virtual events, webinars, and more. Some are hard to find because they don’t have a good notification system. But Josue seeks them out and presents them here every week.
- What is the Horizon Cloud Connector and why is it so important?by Darren Hirons on July 22, 2021 at 10:16 pm
The Horizon Cloud Connector is of vital importance as an appliance that connects your Horizon 7 or Horizon 8 implementations to the Horizon Cloud Service. Read on to find out why!
- Updating the Horizon Cloud Connector Certificatesby Darren Hirons on July 22, 2021 at 6:48 pm
Take a look at this video to find out how—and WHY—to update the certificate on your VMware Horizon Cloud Connector. VMware End-User Computing (EUC) solutions empower the digital workspace by simplifying app & access management, unifying endpoint management & transforming Windows delivery. Follow the VMware EUC Blog to learn more: https://blogs.vmware.com/euc.
- Deploying and Pairing the Horizon Cloud Connectorby Darren Hirons on July 22, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Find out how to replace the VMware Horizon Cloud Connector self-signed certificates with CA-signed versions in this video. VMware End-User Computing (EUC) solutions empower the digital workspace by simplifying app & access management, unifying endpoint management & transforming Windows delivery. Follow the VMware EUC Blog to learn more: https://blogs.vmware.com/euc.
- Microsoft Teams Optimization Is Now Available for VMware Horizon Client on Linux Endpointsby Neena Razdan on July 20, 2021 at 8:29 pm
The Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams feature is now available with Horizon Client for Linux. With this feature, when audio and video calls are made using a Horizon virtual desktop, the Microsoft Teams media processing takes place on the client machine instead of in the virtual desktop.
- Enabling Registered Mode for Windows 10 And DEEM - Feature Walk-throughby Andreano Lanusse on July 20, 2021 at 1:27 pm
This video walks through how to enable Registered Mode for Windows 10 computers in Workspace ONE UEM and how to configure DEEM (Digital Employee Experience Manger) in Workspace ONE Intelligence.
- iOS and Android Multi-User with Imprivataby Roger Deane on July 19, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Episode #86 - In this episode, Robert Terakedis and I talk to Aaron Freimark from Imprivata about their unique solution for using Workspace ONE UEM APIs to help manage devices in multi-user environments. We also cover the latest releases of EUC products and Productivity Apps.
- Microsoft Teams Optimization with VMware Horizonby Caroline Arakelian on July 17, 2021 at 4:33 pm
VMware, working closely with Microsoft, is releasing Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams with VMware Horizon. This feature improves the end-user experience, decreases load on the data center, and decreases network traffic. Users have the impression that they are on a Teams call in the virtual desktop VM, but the data is actually going directly from the local endpoint to the Internet. This guide describes how the feature works and provides installation instructions and troubleshooting tips.
- What’s New in Horizon 8 (2106)by Cindy Carroll on July 16, 2021 at 4:03 pm
Find out what's new with the latest release of Horizon 8 (2106), including a video of new feature walk-through and a demo of new screen capture blocking options.
- VMware Horizon 8 (2106) What's Newby Chris Halstead on July 15, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Find out what’s new in the latest release of VMware Horizon 8 (2106), including new features and enhancements from screen-capture blocking and Instant Clones to Horizon Console and Horizon Cloud Connector. Includes the latest news about Horizon Agent and Horizon Client updates, too. VMware End-User Computing (EUC) solutions empower the digital workspace by simplifying app & access management, unifying endpoint management & transforming Windows delivery. Follow the VMware EUC Blog to learn more: https://blogs.vmware.com/euc.
- Image Management Service with Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azureby Rick Terlep on July 15, 2021 at 2:32 pm
This video covers the Image Management Service for Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure. The Image Management Service allows you replicate and manage golden images for your Horizon environments. The Image Management Service was originally released in 2020 with support for Horizon pods, and is now being updated to support Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure pods.
- VMware Horizon 8 (2106) Feature Walkthrough: Screen Capture Blockingby Darren Hirons on July 15, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Dive deep in this feature walkthrough of the Screen Capture Blocking for VMware Horizon 8 (2106), the ability to block viewers from capturing Horizon session screens, preventing or reducing intentional data theft, and mitigating malware from making periodic screen grabs. VMware End-User Computing (EUC) solutions empower the digital workspace by simplifying app & access management, unifying endpoint management & transforming Windows delivery. Follow the VMware EUC Blog to learn more: https://blogs.vmware.com/euc.
- EUC vExpert Monthly Digest – June 2021by Josue Fontanez on July 14, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Welcome to the EUC vExpert monthly digest! Every month we share top articles from our community of EUC vExperts. This month’s digest features our new 2021 EUC vExperts. It contains a slew of articles covering various aspects of Workspace ONE, Horizon, and a ton more expert tips and tricks running VMware End-User Computing technologies.
- Unified Access Gateway 2106 Releaseby Roger Deane on July 12, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Episode #85 - In this episode I talk to Andreano Lanusse about the latest release of the VMware Unified Access Gateway (UAG) version 2106 in addition to covering the latest product releases for the last couple of weeks.
- Apple Updates from WWDCby Roger Deane on July 9, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Episode #84 - In this episode I talk to Naveen Pitchandi, Christopher Burns and Robert Terakedis about the changes coming to Apple devices (iOS and macOS) that were announced at WWDC this year. This is a long podcast but well worth every minute if you are working with Apple devices.
- Moving Day! Migrating from the Legacy Web Clip App Catalog to Intelligent Hubby Christina Minihan on July 7, 2021 at 5:43 pm
Migrating users from a legacy web clip app catalog to an Intelligent Hub app catalog is easy. This blog post gives you everything you need to know to migrate successfully.
- Deploying VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel: Workspace ONE Operational Tutorialby Andreano Lanusse on July 1, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Explore how to configure and deploy VMware Workspace ONE® Tunnel to enable per-app VPN across iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows platforms on managed devices. Procedures include enabling per-app tunneling on managed devices and SDK-enabled applications, the configuration of Tunnel policies, deployment of the client and profiles to devices, and general lifecycle maintenance.
- Manually Creating Optimized Windows Images for VMware Horizon VMsby Caroline Arakelian on July 1, 2021 at 3:40 pm
This guide provides step-by-step instructions to configure Windows images that perform optimally in a virtual environment, where CPU cores are shared among many VMs.
- The VMware OS Optimization Tool Is Growing Upby Graeme Gordon on July 1, 2021 at 3:21 pm
The VMware OS Optimization Tool is growing up and is on a journey to become part of the VMware Horizon product downloads. A brand-new version (2106) is now available with many new features, enhancements and marks a major release.
- Using Automation to Create Optimized Windows Images for VMware Horizon VMsby Caroline Arakelian on July 1, 2021 at 3:00 pm
This guide describes how to automate the creation of VMware vSphere VMs that have an optimized Windows 10 or Windows Server guest operating system, with various VMware agents installed and, optionally, other applications.
VMware Workspace One The un-official subreddit for VMware Workspace One. I recently started learning/managing Workspace One for the company I work for, I came to reddit to find others and saw that there wasn’t a community, so I started one.
- Anyone tried using Boxer with CBA and SEGV2?by /u/th3_8r0k3N on July 23, 2021 at 5:32 pm
submitted by /u/th3_8r0k3N [link] [comments]
- Create internal app via API / set icon?by /u/DontSqueezeDaCharmin on July 22, 2021 at 3:10 pm
I’m trying to create an app via begininstall and looking for an example of setting the icon. Does anyone have an example they can share? Thanks. submitted by /u/DontSqueezeDaCharmin [link] [comments]
- workspace one access default to browserby /u/lark2056 on July 20, 2021 at 3:09 pm
Hey Everyone does anyone know if there is a setting where you can have the browser be the default like in the screen shot below? that would help a bunch because we have alot of users with their own home owned computers and they don't have the client downloaded or installed. Thank you https://preview.redd.it/xnuk1lz9vdc71.png?width=984&format=png&auto=webp&s=35de3843a32b47e0de26826dd2147d2ebfe9ea74 submitted by /u/lark2056 [link] [comments]
- tunnel proxy - installer?by /u/dev-snapshot on July 20, 2021 at 7:17 am
hello everyone, UEM 2011 / UAG 2103 question related to "VMWare Tunnel Proxy" (Settings - System - Enterprise Integration) under Advanced / Authentication i can see the note " Generating new certificates will require you to rerun the installer" what installer do i need to rerun? since we have serious problems with per app tunnel again i wanna replace all certificates, but i can't recall the installer related to proxy, since tunnel got replace by uag a while ago already thanks in advance submitted by /u/dev-snapshot [link] [comments]
- Dock profileby /u/Garyquay on July 17, 2021 at 1:40 am
Hi All , Need some advice as I have deploy a dock profile to all Mac users and having a issue after the user customised the doc , when they reboot the machine the doc profile went back to dock profile with apps pinned created by workspace one . submitted by /u/Garyquay [link] [comments]
- Android work profile contact syncby /u/SuperDaveOzborne on July 16, 2021 at 6:07 pm
Has anyone out there used the app on the Playstore WorkProfile Contact Sync? submitted by /u/SuperDaveOzborne [link] [comments]
- Smart groups aren't that smart.by /u/Meet974 on July 16, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Hi Guys, I am working on an app deployment problem, Initially we have a smart group with 50 or more devices now i have to take 20 of them and deploy separate applications on them. So the question is what would be the most efficient way to deploy apps on those 20 devices only taking in consideration that i need to deploy 5-6 different apps and maybe in future if there are new devices which need these apps but are not part of the initial smart group. Thanks for your response and hope you have a great weekend ahead. submitted by /u/Meet974 [link] [comments]
- Unable to access supportby /u/Excellent-Will3373 on July 14, 2021 at 5:15 pm
I signed up for the Webworkspace One trial for UEM purposes. Unfortunately, I can not contact support. When I go to support requests, get help, I get: "Error: 401 You currently do not have permission to create tickets." With no explanation how to fix this. submitted by /u/Excellent-Will3373 [link] [comments]
- Workspace ONE Bulk Migrations using Forklift Flingby /u/jnegron13 on July 14, 2021 at 2:27 am
submitted by /u/jnegron13 [link] [comments]
- Secure Outlook from Unmanaged Devices using Tunnelby /u/pkbu on July 13, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Excellent post from my colleague that provides detailed guidance on how you can secure Outlook from Unmanaged Devices using Tunnel POST: https://cloudtekki.com/post/tunnel-o365-conditional-access/ Share on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pkblah/status/1415007052166955008 submitted by /u/pkbu [link] [comments]
- Android or iOS: which one should I go for, for both personal and work use?by /u/meancurrywurst on July 13, 2021 at 12:02 am
In terms of privacy, security, ease of use and separation of concerns. Android has work profiles, but how does iOS go about it? Any pros and cons? Should I even use a single device for both personal and work? First job, uses Intelligent Hub. Insights would be helpful, thanks. submitted by /u/meancurrywurst [link] [comments]
- Approved Windows Updates but updates not installingby /u/supersudoer on July 12, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Hi, I approved the following update under Devices>Device Updates: KB5004948 I have a Windows Update profile installed on all systems that should install updates automatically. I feel like I am missing something... It has been showing as approved for 53 devices however I do not think it has installed. It's been a few days and I am wondering if there is something else beyond approving the updates that I can do. submitted by /u/supersudoer [link] [comments]
- security-slacker: Slack bot that nags user when their device is not compliantby /u/nindustries on July 12, 2021 at 2:37 pm
submitted by /u/nindustries [link] [comments]
- Job Opportunity Salary Questionby /u/TheNastyNarwhal on July 12, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Hey, I am needing some help for a job opportunity I am about to interview for in the next week. The employer wants to talk more about my background and my salary requirements. I have worked two jobs working with MDM mainly with apple mobile devices and iMacs. I have used Jamf pro and Workspace one for a total of 5 combined years supporting over 800 devices for 3 years and over 1000 devices for 2 years. This job will be supporting over 7000 win 10 and mobile devices. My title has never been UEM administrator. I have had the title of Computer Tech and Network administrator. I have desktop and Telecom experience. I will need to relocate to a bigger city in Florida with a higher than national average cost of living. What salary should I start with when negotiating. I have no clue what a full time MDM/UEM administrator should get paid. submitted by /u/TheNastyNarwhal [link] [comments]
- Best Blog for Workspace ONEby /u/Electronic-Bite-8884 on July 9, 2021 at 12:31 am
I wanted to let everyone know about my blog: https://mobile-jon.com which is a great way to learn a ton about workspace one and I cover a ton of technologies that don’t have a ton of documentation or info out there submitted by /u/Electronic-Bite-8884 [link] [comments]
- Native app is stuck on Download In Progress on Windows clientby /u/supersudoer on July 6, 2021 at 7:23 pm
I was able to create a native application and I assigned it to a test group that contains by test Windows device. I can see that the installation status is showing as "Download In Progress". It's only about 63mb and it's been there for a few hours now. I can see some references to the app in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AirWatchMDM > AppDeploymentAgent and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\EnterpriseDesktopAppManagement. I am unsure how to kickstart this process again or force the download to occur again. submitted by /u/supersudoer [link] [comments]
- HTTP Status Code 0 vmware workspace oneby /u/Garyquay on July 6, 2021 at 4:48 pm
Hi all getting this error HTTP Status Code 0 vmware workspace one saas uploading apps more than 1GB .Tested with wired connection as well as another laptop and was still the same submitted by /u/Garyquay [link] [comments]
- Android aosp/closed network enrollment in chinaby /u/ngjrjeff on July 5, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Is workspace one compatible to work in china to manage android phone with no google services out of the box with seamless corporate device enrollment or work profile (byod) setup? Is it also compatible to push public and private mobile apps? can it work with intune app protection such that corporate data from managed apps cannot copy to unmanaged apps? submitted by /u/ngjrjeff [link] [comments]
- Android Enterprise Factory Reset Protection - Anybody got it working with work profile (not COPE)?by /u/liutiger27 on July 2, 2021 at 5:06 pm
I have setup the Enterprise Factory Reset Protection profile and applied to my Android device. However, I found it's not working. Here is what I did: 1. setup Android phone as normal user. create a personal gmail account and sign-in with it. 2. download Hub from play store and enroll the device as Corp Owned - Dedicated. 3. ensure the Enterprise FRP profile is applied to the device. (The device was enrolled as Work Profile) 4. Use the recovery mode (key combination to reboot) and wipe data / Factory reset 5. when phone rebooted again, it will ask to enter pin or use google account to unlock it due to the recent reset 6. I enter the Google account setup in the Enterprise FRP profile. after putting in the password, it shows something went wrong and then showing the email address screen again. The goal is to re-use the corp owned Android device if we don't know the user's pin or personal gmail account. Is this feature supported in this scenario? PS: I search on the KB but found nothing about the restriction to use this profile. I was able to test this feature and it is working if I enroll the device as COPE and then reset it. However, in our environment, we have mix of enrollment, some corp users are enrolled as work profile while others enrolled as COPE.https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2011/Android\_Platform/GUID-8194BA74-8654-4A6A-B27E-B6599493CCFB.html submitted by /u/liutiger27 [link] [comments]
- No enrollment filtersby /u/Meet974 on July 2, 2021 at 4:34 pm
Hi guys, Do you guys know any way in which we can find the number of devices enrollment during a specific period of time let's say december 2020 till march 2021? Appreciate any leads/help, thanks. submitted by /u/Meet974 [link] [comments]
The Support Insider VMware Support News, Alerts, and Announcements
- What’s New in VMware Skyline: Support for vRealize Automation, vRealize Lifecycle Manager, and LDAPsby Kelcey Lemon on July 11, 2021 at 5:40 pm
Tweet We’re pleased to announce new Skyline Collector 2.8 and Advisor releases with support for vRealize Automation 8.1 and above, and vRealize Lifecycle Manager v8.2 and above, Customer Connect notifications, expanded Support Request visibility and LDAPs for Active Directory Authentication support. A summary of the new features is below. For additional details review the Skyline Advisor Release Notes and the Skyline Collector 2.8 documentation. Log … Continued The post What’s New in VMware Skyline: Support for vRealize Automation, vRealize Lifecycle Manager, and LDAPs appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- New KB articles published for the week ending 27th June, 2021by Antony Nelson on June 29, 2021 at 12:50 pm
Tweet Products Title Published Date VMware Cloud Foundation Slowness in loading SDDC Manager UI (84210) 6/23/2021 VMware Cloud Foundation Update WS1A sshuser password after it has expired for WS1A deployed in VCF mode (84224) 6/24/2021 VMware Cloud Foundation Applying vCenter Server 7.0 update patch to address vulnerabilities in VMSA-2021-0010 on VMware Cloud Foundation 4.1, 220.127.116.11, … Continued The post New KB articles published for the week ending 27th June, 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- New KB articles published for the week ending 20th June, 2021by Antony Nelson on June 24, 2021 at 4:17 pm
Tweet Products Title Published Date VMware HCX VMware HCX [VMC on AWS] – Service Mesh Deployment Fails with Error “Service Insertion config not found” (84160) 6/17/2021 VMware HCX VMware HCX [VMC on AWS] – Error “Failed to add HCX DX route for CIDR” (84142) 6/15/2021 VMware ESXi UCS Cisco System see TX hang on VMXNET3 … Continued The post New KB articles published for the week ending 20th June, 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- How to install and configure VMware Skylineby Kelcey Lemon on June 23, 2021 at 12:25 am
Tweet Ever wanted to see the installation and configuration of VMware Skyline from “start to finish” so that you’d know what to expect before you commit to leveraging the service? Well, I’ve created a video that does exactly that and demystifies the entire process. And in the course of documenting the process, I also answer … Continued The post How to install and configure VMware Skyline appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- Top 20 articles vSAN, May 2021by Antony Nelson on June 22, 2021 at 12:03 pm
Tweet Correlating VxRAIL Release with VMware build numbers vSAN Health Service – vSAN Build Recommendation – vSAN release catalog up-to-date Updating the vSAN HCL database manually How to manually remove and recreate a vSAN disk group using esxcli Build numbers and versions of VMware vSAN vSAN “Proactive rebalance” and “Automatic Rebalance” Configuring a shared disk … Continued The post Top 20 articles vSAN, May 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- Top 20 articles for vSAN, April 2021by Antony Nelson on June 22, 2021 at 11:57 am
Tweet Updating the vSAN HCL database manually Correlating VxRAIL Release with VMware build numbers vSAN Health Service – vSAN Build Recommendation – vSAN release catalog up-to-date How to manually remove and recreate a vSAN disk group using esxcli Build numbers and versions of VMware vSAN vSAN “Proactive rebalance” and “Automatic Rebalance” vSAN — Maintenance — … Continued The post Top 20 articles for vSAN, April 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- Top 20 articles for vRealize Operations Manager, May 2021by Antony Nelson on June 22, 2021 at 11:46 am
Tweet How to Reset the Root Password in vRealize Operations How to Reset the Admin Password in vRealize Operations Replace expired internal certificate in vRealize Operations Adding additional storage to a node in vRealize Operations vRealize Operations Sizing Guidelines vRealize Operations 8.3 Security Patch for VMSA-2021-0004 Configure Certificate for use with vRealize Operations (vROps) /storage/log … Continued The post Top 20 articles for vRealize Operations Manager, May 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- Top 20 articles for Workspace One, May 2021by Antony Nelson on June 22, 2021 at 11:32 am
Tweet VPP and Public Applications may fail to install on Apple devices How to renew an Apple Push Notification service (APNs) certificate VMware Workspace ONE IP ranges for SaaS data centers Device enrollment issues with Workspace ONE Changes to Android management using device administrator (Android Legacy) WS1 UEM Console Release and End of General Support … Continued The post Top 20 articles for Workspace One, May 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- Top 20 articles for EUC, May 2021by Antony Nelson on June 22, 2021 at 11:26 am
Tweet Supported versions of Windows 10 on Horizon Agent Including All VDI Clones (Full Clones, Instant Clones, and Linked Clones on Horizon 7) VMware Horizon ports and network connectivity requirements Black screen when logging in to Horizon virtual desktop(VDI) over PCOIP in Windows 10 Troubleshooting SSL certificate issues in VMware Horizon Accessing the Horizon View … Continued The post Top 20 articles for EUC, May 2021 appeared first on VMware Support Insider.
- Protected: Test Titleby Kelcey Lemon on June 15, 2021 at 6:16 pm
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post. The post Protected: Test Title appeared first on VMware Support Insider.